Alive Literary Agency is not accepting unsolicited manuscripts at this time. However, we will consider book proposals from authors who are personally referred by clients or close contacts of Alive.
Authors referred by an Alive client or close contact are invited to send queries to Submissions@aliveliterary.com.
Your submission should include:
• REFERRAL: Name of referring Alive client or close contact in the email subject line. In the email, please describe your personal or professional connection to the referring individual.
• A brief author biography (including recent speaking engagements, media appearances, social media platform statistics, and sales histories of your books)
• A synopsis of the work for which you are seeking agency representation (including the target audience, sales and marketing hooks, and comparable titles on the market)
• The first three chapters of your manuscript
By submitting to us, you affirm that you are 18 years of age or older. If we are interested in learning more about your project, we will respond to your query letter via email within 6-8 weeks. Please be advised that a response by Alive and/or request for information or further details is not a promise of representation, publication, or further communication from our agency.
• Our submissions team favors email queries. Alive Literary Agency is not responsible for any unsolicited materials that arrive at our offices. Please do not send manuscripts or sample books unless you are specifically requested to do so by the Submissions Director or an Alive agent.
• We do not return any unsolicited materials that arrive at our offices via USPS, even if a self-addressed stamped envelope is included.
• No simultaneous submissions, please.
Thank you for submitting!