If the following describes you, you’re a strong candidate for our internship program:
• You write and communicate impeccably
• You maneuver with ease around all Apple and Microsoft Office applications
• You are intimately familiar with the blogosphere and social media
• You have great organization skills and an eye for detail
• You love books, big ideas, publishing, and the power of words
• You can make a commitment to Alive of 10-20 hours a week for a minimum of 6 weeks
• You can maintain confidentiality about proprietary business and personal details
• You like working in a lively office with a sense of humor
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Interns at Alive will fill their time with a number of duties, including:
• Reviewing manuscripts for the agents
• Developing website and social media content
• Writing news releases
• Helping with proposals
• Attending agent meetings and Bondfire Books planning sessions
There is a great variety of activities for interns to engage in, and the one sure thing you can expect is that every day will be different and interesting.
Please send the following as attachments to email@example.com:
• Cover letter
Tip: A strong cover letter will include a photograph, a taste of your academic and professional background, a strong sense of your personality, and a brief summary of both why you are interested in pursuing an internship with Alive and what you seek to learn from your experience. Many include some of their favorite books or authors, which we love to see. Bonus points for originality!
• Two references
Thank you for applying!